PetMedix is a rapidly growing, Cambridge UK based, biotech company making antibody therapeutics for companion animals (dogs and cats). Our aim is to enrich the lives of our pets by bringing them new and innovative medicines to treat a variety of unmet medical conditions ranging from cancer to inflammatory disease.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with extensive experience in immunology and antibody-based drug discovery to lead a multi-functional team supporting internal drug discovery operations. They will be responsible for managing our flow cytometry (FACS), single-cell transcriptomics and next generation sequencing (NGS). The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day smooth running and continued development of FACS sorting and NGS pipeline. He/she will need to work closely with bioinformaticians and other project leads for development of the data analysis pipeline, target assessment and candidate selection.
- PhD degree in a relevant area (e.g. immunology with experience in research and development).
- Managed a team of scientists.
- Managed a project, including design, resource planning, objective setting and monitoring, data analysis, reporting and quality assessment.
- Hands-on experience in NGS technologies, ideally single cell.
- Hands-on experience of flow cytometry.
- Conceptual understanding of different NGS platforms for library generation and sequencing technologies.
- Ability to evaluate and implement new technologies to adapt to the platform
- Proactive attitude and drive.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Organised and good time management.
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Worked in a drug discovery R&D capacity, preferably for more than 5 years.
- Knowledge of B cell biology including response of these to immunisation.
- Knowledge of natural antibody production from B cells.
- Knowledge of high throughput liquid handling equipment.
- Basic understanding of cell culture.
Terms and benefits
This is full-time role with a competitive salary in line with experience and other benefits such as company share options, private pension plan and health insurance.
PetMedix is a Cambridge, UK based scale-up stage pharmaceutical company with ambitions to become the world leader in innovative antibody-based therapeutics for the companion animal market. We have delivered the first transgenic mouse platform capable of producing therapeutic-quality antibody drugs fully adopted to the target companion animal. The platform is species-agnostic and our initial focus will be to develop the Ky9 mouse model for creating therapeutic antibodies first for dogs, and then equivalent models for cats and horses.
PetMedix supports diversity in the workplace and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, colour, religion or any other discriminatory criteria.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at PetMedix must have the right to work in the UK. If a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with PetMedix.